Acai and smoothie bowls are all the rage right now. While they are delicious, filling, and arguably one of the most instagrammable foods out there, they can be packed with absurd amounts of sugar and topped with not the most “healthy” extra add-ons.
We were determined to perfect the perfect acai bowl recipe without going overboard on the sugar and the crazy toppings, while still making it tasty and aesthetically enticing.
Our favorite hidden trick with smoothies or smoothie bowls is cauliflower. Yes, the magic food that can somehow be a pizza crust, gnocchi, taco shell, and now a key component of a smoothie/smoothie bowl.
What we’ve been doing for the last few years now is steaming a head of cauliflower and then cutting it into 4 chunks. Then, putting it in a STASHER bag and tossing it into the freezer until I’m ready to make a smoothie. When I began to add frozen cauliflower to my smoothies I was immediately hooked. It makes smoothies much thicker (which is amazing), and you can’t taste it whatsoever. Another benefit of adding in cauliflower versus additional fruit is the macronutrient values. If you’re looking to keep your caloric intake lower as well as your sugar content this could be a great thing to try!
Here’s one of our go-to acai bowl recipes:
1. frozen packet of acai berry puree, broken into pieces.
2. 1/4 frozen Cauliflower head (read above for instructions & why we do this).
3. 1/2 cup vanilla/plain greek yogurt
4. 1/2 cup water
5. 1/2 cup coconut water
6. 1 pitted date
7. Blush Orange Creamsicle CBD oil
7. Toppings: Fresh fruits, nuts, or granola of choice.
1. Place the acai berry puree, cauliflower, greek yogurt, water, coconut water, and date in the blender.
2. Blend until thoroughly combined and smooth.
3. Pour the smoothie into 2 deep bowls.
4. Arrange the desired toppings over your smoothie bowls and serve.
5. Optional: For the CBD Oil, use the Blush Orange Creamsicle Oil and drizzle it over the top of the toppings.
For the use of optional CBD: This additive is purely for health and wellness benefits. (Please consult your doctor first if you have any health concerns.)
This content is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not intended to provide medical advice or to take the place of medical advice or treatment from a personal physician. All viewers of this content are advised to consult their doctors or qualified health professionals regarding specific health questions. Blush does not take responsibility for possible health consequences of any person or persons reading or following the information in this educational content. All viewers of this content, especially those taking prescription or over-the-counter medications, should consult their physicians before beginning any nutrition, supplement or lifestyle program.